Saturday, September 15, 2007

Back in school





Yesterday we finished the first week of teaching. I knew it was going to be like bible school but somehow I had not anticipated sitting at a desk taking notes for hours. That was a bit of a shocker at the beginning of the week but I got into the swing of it towards the end. We had a really great teacher from Egypt named Gawdat. It is really an amazing experience. For the week he lives here too so we have the opportunity to ask questions at meals and hang-out times. The topic was "Our Identity in Christ". It was so cool and I learned so much. Last night after the last class some of us went out for a bonfire at "The World's End". The sky was completely clear for the first time since I arrived. The stars were so clear and the Northern Lights were out. They were so beautiful and bright. Today we have rice porridge for lunch. It is a traditional Norwegian food for Saturday or Christmas time. I really like it and I can't wait until 2:00 to scarf it down.

No comments: