Sunday, September 2, 2007

Da Plane, Da Plane!


I am here in Oslo right now waiting for my train trip to Bodo which leaves at 11:05 pm. It has been kind of a crazy trip so far. My flight from LAX to Chicago was over an hour late because the airport didn't seem to have any plane starting trucks to spare (large jet engines on commercial airlines don't seem to have a starter on board an rely on a truck with a large air compressor). The pilot was defiantly from the east coast and was not sugar coating anything. I was concerned about my connection to Stockholm but as it turned out the flight was canceled because something got sucked into the engine and broke the fan. They managed to reroute me and I only lost half a day but had to stand in some unbelievable lines. So I made it and took a train from the airport to The Oslo central train station. Remember that it is important when using a foreign ATM to get the desmel in the correct place when doing exchange rates in you head other wise you will ask for more than the limit and think you card just won't work there. So I've put my stuff in a locker and I am going to look around a little.

No comments: