Thursday, August 16, 2007

Week Seven In Mexico




A somewhat slow week for me. There was just one build going on this week and I was not on the build team. I was scheduled to be on Kitchen mornings and evenings but another staffer took it over for me. Running sound keeps me fairly busy as sometimes I am in the worship hall until late. On Sunday there was a bull fight in the arena by the base (the parking lot for the arena is about 15 feet from my bed). If you look on Google Earth where the US border and the beach meet you will see the arena. A group of us decided to go an experience the spectacle. It was an interesting cultural experience to say the least. One of the bulls was allowed to live because the crowed felt the bull was being treated poorly. The crowed chanted "TORO TORO" and threw their seat cushions onto the field while "boooing" the Matador. It was really hard to watch them killing the bull though. It is panic time for Norway and I am trying to wrap my mind around all of the details before I take off.

No comments: