Monday, August 13, 2007

Week Six In Mexico


Another build week. The house this week was on a lot up two sets of welded metal stairs. That made getting the building materials up and down a real challenge. The team (from Vancouver, WA) was up to the task though. They had a lot of energy and some construction experience. They are the team that I felt the biggest connection with this summer. They were so great. One side effect that I hadn't counted on this summer was a different set of people that come each week that I share my life story with. And every week they are so shocked that I am not married. And every week someone is trying to set me up with someone they know. I know they mean well though. For our days off we went to Santa Barbara and then Magic Mountain. Lots of driving. We got back to the base at 2AM Friday morning. Norway is coming up quick and I am starting to wonder what I have gotten myself into. I'm sure it will be fine once all the details are out of the way and I get there.

No comments: